PREPARATION OF THE TOMATO BAVAROIS
- Heat extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan and, when hot, sauté the chopped onion, then add the tomato sauce, salt and basil and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend the sieved tomatoes and add water so that the basil leaves are no longer visible.
- Add the agar agar and mix well with a whisk.
- Put it back on the stove and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat and leave aside for a few minutes before use.
- Take some aluminium ramekins, put oil and fill them with the sieved tomatoes.
- Place in the fridge for at least 20 minutes.
PREPARATION OF THE PUREED SOUP
- Take the chickpeas and add oil, salt and 250 ml of the water from their tin.
- Put them in a saucepan, bring to a boil and add rosemary.
- Use a hand blender to mix, until a soft cream is obtained. In case it is too compact, add water and put back on the stove.
- Drain the peas and sauté in the pan in olive oil, chopped onion, salt and pepper. Next grate grind of 1 lemon (only the yellow part).
- Blend the mixture, aiming to obtain a smooth cream. Place in a bottle and aim to create little splashes on the pureed soup.
- Allow all the ingredients to cool down.
Next place the tomato Bavarois in the middle, pour the chickpea pureed soup onto the bottom plate, garnish with drops of pea pureed soup and some basil leaves.